“I have been ministering in the Dominican Republic for almost eight years now, that the lost may be saved at all cost!” – Veronica
Veronica Freites believes in “Being about the business of my father.” Jesus gave us the example for ministry and said in Mark 1 : 17-18 “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.” Veronica has a strong prophetic and healing anointing, she is a true daughter of Abraham and believes in being a blessing (Genesis 12:1-2). She has planted two churches where there was no church in the city of Azua and in Chiquita Playa.
Mount Of Olive Ministries— Called by God to her native people, Veronica is following the Lord with passion, worship, and faith. Miraculous signs and wonders are part of her ministry. As she reaches out to the poor and hurting, not judging or criticizing, but showing the love of Jesus, leading many to transformed lives of grace, mercy, and faith. Veronica is the founder of MOUNT OF OLIVE MINISTRIES.
Veronica Freites has several congregations to Spanish natives and also to Haitian earthquake refugees. She has a new church built by MorningStar teams. She helps in job training skills and literacy efforts, along with establishing home cell groups and leadership training.
Veronica is working in rural areas but recently has been working with Haiti earthquake victims. She has a childhood friend married to the Secretary of State and so has helped visiting teams speak on TV, radio, and minister with great favor in that nation. She has planted several churches, mainly to Hispanics, but several to Haitians living in the DR. Her finances have not been regular and so it has limited her ability to grow a strong, consistent presence in ministry there
We have sent medical teams, mid-wife teams, (Lisa Aman, from MorningStar, has been leading teams there for several years. Jordan Swingle has visited there too). David White has been 2-3 times himself and teams from Wilkesboro have gone over the last 2-3 years. We also have sent many ministry and youth teams, all wanting to return to bless the locals.
My vision for the Dominican people:
- to form disciples and plant churches,
- feed the hungry in needy and deprived areas with poverty, prostitution, homelessness and a thirst for the living word,
- it is also in my heart to invite medical groups from around the world to donate their time and effort to improve the health of the poor and needy, because healthcare is unreachable to most and this would be a real God send to our people of the Dominican Republic.
Current Prayer Needs
- $14,000 to build new church on recently donated land in Hatillo
- $2000.00 per month for Veronica for rent, transport, food,
- $7,000 for a car, insurance, and maintenance to travel to church plants, home visits, and carry invalids and poor to church.